Deadlock using cout, again

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux@tin.it
Thu Aug 17 15:46:00 GMT 2000

Loren James Rittle wrote:

> In article < 399BED8A.5146D063@tin.it >,
> Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu <umbpux@tin.it> writes:
>
> > Compiler:
> > GCC cvs version checked out on Thu Aug 17 15:26 CEST 2000
> > Standard library:
> > libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.0
>
> > I found a similar thread on this ML. The only solution to this problem
> > was compiling GCC with --enable-threads=posix but it is not enough for
> > me.
>
> Please post the exact configure line you used?  Also, it appears to me
> that you got the libstdc++-v3 distribution in an external pre-built
> package.  It needs to be build with --enable-threads=posix as well.

../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local2 --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --enable-languages=c++

The C++ standard library ha been checked out, compiled and installed
with the GCC.

Following the suggestion by Brent Verner, I re-configure GCC with

../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local2 --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --enable-libstdcxx-v3 --enable-languages=c++

but the bootstrap stops at stage 2, due to a compilation error. I wrote
to the gcc-help list too, but no reply at the moment.

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu