basic_file.cc

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@cygnus.com
Mon Oct 4 15:34:00 GMT 1999

> I cam across what seemed an incompatibility between what the standard says
> and what basic_file.cc does. In section 27.8.1.3, it is specified that
> both ios::out and ios::out|ios::trunc should be equivalent to the stdio
> mode string "w". The manpage for fopen says that "w" means:

Yup. I think you are correct. It's a pitty though, because I don't really
see a way for somebody to use ostreams and open in a way that emulates
"nocreate" . . . oh well. Viva standards compliance!

This in:

1999-10-04  Russell Davidson <russell@qed.econ.queensu.ca>

	* src/basic_file.cc: Fix open modes.

Thanks,