[cp-patches] tagging classpath for GCC import

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Dec 3 10:04:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 09:29 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 09:05 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Ah, sorry. That must make it look like GNU Classpath is even less active
> > than it is :{ It is good to keep the CVS repo around for some time, just
> > for the historical information like branches and tags that didn't
> > transfer to the git repo.
>
> But that's not supposed to happen, surely.  The transfer to GIT isn't
> complete until the tags have been copied.

There is the classpath git tree at
http://icedtea.classpath.org/mirror/git/classpath/classpath/
which does have all that. But it only has the CVS part of the history.
The trick now is to figure out how to merge that git tree with the
official GNU Classpath git tree on savannah. Sadly my git foo isn't
strong enough to figure that out :{
So any hints or tips from some more experienced git users appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark