[RFC] Centralize knowledge of eh personality routines

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Oct 13 14:14:00 GMT 2010

On 10/12/2010 3:59 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> The driver for this patch is SEH, which will add yet another function
> name variant in each of these places in each front end.  While I could
> adjust each language appropriately, it seems to me that it is a bit
> cleaner to centralize this knowledge.

> Comments?  Objections?

None in principle, but I think it would be better to have
build_personality_function take a language prefix string (e.g., "gxx" or
"gcj") rather than an enum.  Logically, the middle-end shouldn't be
aware of what front-end languages exist, and passing in a string would
avoid that.  And also avoid the tree.h -> dwarf2.h issue.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery