icedtea6 build failures on alpha and armel using gcj

Andrew John Hughes ahughes@redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 12:45:00 GMT 2010

On 8 March 2010 12:41, Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 08.03.2010 13:34, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>>
>>> further, is it correct that the -ecj patch is applied to *both* the
>>> openjdk
>>> and openjdk-ecj directory?
>>>
>>> $ ls -l build/openjdk*/jdk/src/share/classes/sun/misc/FloatConsts.java
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 2 doko doko 4147 Feb 17 03:14
>>> build/openjdk-ecj/jdk/src/share/classes/sun/misc/FloatConsts.java
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 2 doko doko 4147 Feb 17 03:14
>>> build/openjdk/jdk/src/share/classes/sun/misc/FloatConsts.java
>>>
>>> these are still hard links.
>>
>> No it's specifically only applied to -ecj patches.
>
> Wrong. The patch is applied in the openjdk-ecj directory, but because all
> files are hard links, it's applied in the openjdk directory as well. I don't
> see a way to have patch break the hard links while patching.

Ok, I didn't realise it was a hard linked copy.  I'll disable that; we
don't want the ecj patches affecting the main tree.

--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8