[LTO merge][0/15] Description of the final 15 patches

Paolo Bonzini bonzini@gnu.org
Tue Sep 29 16:56:00 GMT 2009

On 09/29/2009 06:52 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini<bonzini@gnu.org>  writes:
>
>>> So all Diego needs to do is pass --enable-shared down to libiberty
>>> when --enable-lto/--enable-gold.  The way to do that is something like
>>> the appended.
>>
>> What about just always adding --enable-shared to the host libiberty?
>
> That will just cause everybody to always compile libiberty twice.  Why
> do that if we don't have to?

It's just a matter of time before we need to do that, anyway (say, when
we have plugins that we distribute by default, for example for mudflap).
  Conditionalizing on GCC could be a middle ground, or maybe the worst
possible choice? :-)

Paolo