[LTO merge][0/15] Description of the final 15 patches

Diego Novillo dnovillo@google.com
Tue Sep 29 13:06:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 22:00, Joseph S. Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> You say "tested on x86_64".  More detail is needed.  Have you tested both

Sorry, I completely spaced out and forgot to mention this.  Various
folks are testing the branch.  I sent a request for testing the branch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-09/msg00566.html).  I'm using that
thread to keep track of breakage that should be fixed before the final
merge.

> LTO-enabled and LTO-disabled configurations, making sure there are no
> regressions in each case?

Yes.  Targets with no ELF support refuse to enable LTO and error out
at configure time if --enable-lto is forced.  There was a bug in some
of the testsuite patches that Richi fixed.

Diego.