FFI closure on mips

abhishek desai abhi00@gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am compiling sources of gcc 3.4.6 with libgcj interpreter support
for the mipsel platform. When compiling with --enable-interpreter flag
I get a compilation error in the file resolve.cc in function
void * _Jv_InterpMethod::ncode ()
when it tries to use the ffi_raw_closure structure. The usage is not
under any #ifdef.
In newer versions of gcc this function is in interpret.cc.

This structure is defined in the ffi.h header file of libffi under the
flag FFI_CLOSURES.

FFI_CLOSURES is defined for each target. For mips it is defined as
#define FFI_CLOSURES 0

Is ffi closure necessay for libgcj compilation ? Can we compile libgcj
without the ffi closure support ?
How can I get it compiled on a mipsel system ?

I have to use gcc 3.4.6 since it is a project requirement.

--- abhi