Compiling project using apache mina fails

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 10:05:00 GMT 2009

Patrick Schäfer wrote:
> hi andrew, thank you for looking into the stacktrace problem anyways!
>
> i have another problem running the code in gcj version 4.3.3 though.
>
> using jdk 1.5 the code runs just fine.
>
> using gcj I receive an exception when trying to access the local socket
> port, though the connection has been successfully established (which I
> can see on connected machine):
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bad port number: -1
>   at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(libgcj.9.dylib)
>   at java.net.Socket.getLocalSocketAddress(libgcj.9.dylib)
>   at
> org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketSession.getLocalAddress(paa_mina)
>
>   at
> org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketSession.getLocalAddress(paa_mina)
>
>   at paa.networklayer.paaClient.getSessionLocalAddress(paa_mina)
>
> is it possible that the local port number isn't stored in libgcj after
> connection establishment?
>
> would be great, if you had any idea what could be wrong.

If I had a way to look at what was happening I'd just have a look.

I don't know what class the Socket belongs to.  At the call to
Socket.getLocalSocketAddress, do something like

  println(socket)
  println(socket.getClass())