found an overlapping data buffer in file natGCInfo.cc

Martin Ettl ettl.martin@gmx.de
Tue Jul 28 14:17:00 GMT 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:07:56 +0200
> Von: Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>
> An: Martin Ettl <ettl.martin@gmx.de>
> CC: ddaney@caviumnetworks.com, java@gcc.gnu.org
> Betreff: Re: found an overlapping data buffer in file natGCInfo.cc

> On 07/27/2009 09:09 PM, Martin Ettl wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > there are more bugs, not specially in the natGCInfo.cc but in e.g:
> libjava. I have no time to report all of them. I used cppcheck (an open source
> static code analysis tool) to find the bugs.
> > Here the output of the libjava scan with cppcheck:
> >

> > Feel free to download and use cppcheck yourself.
>
> Are any of these actual bugs?  I haven't checked every one, but those I
> have
> are style nag messages.
>
> Andrew.

I know, cppcheck brings a lots of stylistic warnings. These can be surpressed by not using the --style option. Then only memleaks, resource leaks and so on are shown.
The intention of my last message was to show you the possibilities of cppcheck, nothing more. I was not my intention to offend you, or your work. Gcc is a great tool, i am using it every day on serveral projects.... keep on guys!

Best regards

Martin