[patch] Fix oddity in personality routine

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 15:48:00 GMT 2009

Jack Howarth wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 02:59:43PM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
>>>      I suspect we may have a layered problem here and need
>>> to work through each section. This weekend, I do some additional
>>> builds to verify that the crash debugs to the same locations
>>> in both darwin9 and darwin10 with and without the proposed
>>> patch to pass -Wl,-allow_stack_execute on GCJLINK.
>> Right.
>>

> Andrew,
>    Just to double check, you do agree that everything linked with
> GCJLINK should be passed -Wl,-allow_stack_execute on darwin9/darwin10?

I think so.

> I am a bit confused by the criteria used to determine which java binaries
> need the ld flag for -allow_stack_execute. If the a shared library contains
> code that needs to execute on the stack

No gcj library needs to execute on the stack, only the heap.  I think the flag
is misnamed.

> (libgcj) shouldn't any executable
> that links in that shared lib use the -allow_stack_execute ld flag?

Yes, which is why I suggested you use SYSTEMSPEC.  (Twice now, I think.  :-)

SYSTEMSPEC should pass that flag to everything liked with gcj.

Andrew.