Too Many Heap Sizes error on Windows

Syed Ahmed syedahmed1@sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 01:45:00 GMT 2008

Thanks Hans
I am not too much concerned about the large heap size. As you mentioned I set the GC_PRINT_STATS variable and it look like the garbage collection is unable to catch up with the speed the objects are created and discarded and eventually I get the too many heap sizes.

I control the process, is there a way I can instruct the garbage collection to run like System.gc() in java, I can make the thread sleep for a few seconds while garbage collector is runing.

Any other suggestion?

Syed