SimpleDateFormat

- - decuplo@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 13:43:00 GMT 2008

--- On Thu, 6/19/08, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:

> > Another comment for all: if it is a know problem why
> is not provided
> > an "official" library of proprietary
> resource?
>
> You'll get the same answer I give everyone else:
>
>    Patches welcome.
>
> Andrew.

I'm not expert to write patch... but this is what I do as Ben suggest
and from http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-11/msg00042.html

#create a tmp directory and go there
mkdir -p tmp
cd tmp

#extract by using ar command all files from your libgcj.a file.
ar -x /c/MinGWalfa/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.3.0/libgcj.a

#search, arrange and build togheter all properties files...
find . -name "*.o" |fgrep properties|xargs ar rvcs libgcj_properties.a
ranlib libgcj_properties.a

#move result in lib directory or in your corresponding -L<path> directory
mv libgcj_properties.a ..

#remove the tmp directory..
rm -rf tmp

then compile all with the new line command:
gcj -Wl,--whole-archive -lgcj_properties \
-Wl,--no-whole-archive-static-libgcj \
 --main=snippetCalendar -o snippetCalendar.exe \
snippetCalendar.java -L.

#run the results:

$ snippetCalendar.exe
Test for SimpleDateFormat
datai:30-Dec-99 12:00:12 AM

Good! Could some one verify/check my procedure? is it realy correct?

x10