AWT/SWING classpath examples freezing and not responding to window events

ffileppo ffileppo@libero.it
Mon Jun 16 20:28:00 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

I'm having some troubles when running AWT/SWING classpath examples.
These examples freeze and crash as soon as any event is triggered (clicking on a button or even trying to resize the window).

I'm doing this with gcj 4.3.0 on arm-linux and gcj 4.2.3 on x86.

Googling around I found this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/gcj-4.2/+bug/160070

Seems to be the same bug. They say that examples are working ok with icedtea and should be fixed in classpath upstream.

Any thoughts on this?

I read a message in java-patches mailing list about merging classpath 0.97.2, maybe this will fix the problem?

Thank you,

Francesco