creating shared dlls yields undefined reference to `WinMain@16' in mingw 4.3

BGB cr88192@hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:42:00 GMT 2008

[first time forgot reply all]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Haley" <aph@redhat.com>
To: "Daniel Walter" <d2walter@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Danny Smith" <dansmister@gmail.com>; <java@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: creating shared dlls yields undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
in mingw 4.3

> Daniel Walter wrote:
>> Thank you for all the help on this. For anyone who is searching the
>> archives for MinGW gcj information, I will summarize.
>>
>> 1. If you are trying to build a dll in MinGW, you may need to make a
>> dummy WinMain function.
>
> This is wrong, though.  Surely someone knows if Windows has something
> like dlsym().

yes, one thing worth looking into is Tool Help.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686837(VS.85).aspx

as well as:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683199(VS.85).aspx

it is up to the reader to figure out how to use all this (sadly, nowhere
near as simple to make work as dlsym).

apparently it is possible to make all this work, though granted I was not
aware of all this when I wrote my stuff, so I had ended up using a much more
"manual" set of approaches when implementing my symbol lookup (manually

or such...