creating shared dlls yields undefined reference to `WinMain@16' in mingw 4.3

Daniel Walter d2walter@hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:45:00 GMT 2008

I have been trying to proceed with a dummy WinMain, but I have been having
some strange errors.  I am still tracing through this, but am not sure how I
could be getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with something that should
have linked in.

Are you saying we need the address of the real main for the backtrace to
work.  This could explain some of the weirdness in the backtraces.  Having
the real WinMain address is probably not going to do any good though because
this is a gcc dll that is being used in a VC++ application.  I don't think
gcc can backtrace through the VC call stack.

Daniel

PDF library message java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.util.Currency.getInstance(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.text.DecimalFormatSymbols.<init>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.ByteBuffer.<clinit>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfName.<init>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfName.<init>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfName.<clinit>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter.<clinit>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter.getInstance(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at ads.Draw.createDocument(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException^M
   at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.util.Properties.load(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.util.Currency.<clinit>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   ...12 more^M

PDF library message java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfName
^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.<clinit>(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BaseFont.createFont(pdflink.cpp:0)^M
   at ads.Draw.getEmbedFont(pdflink.cpp:0)^M