gcj 4.4 and AWT toolkit

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew@member.fsf.org
Mon Aug 18 18:38:00 GMT 2008

On 17/08/2008, Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 18:02 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
>  > >> Have to think about the cleanest way to solve this. But reverting this
>  > >> part of the import (attached) should get you going for now. You'll need
>  > >> to configure with --enable-java-maintainer-mode (see the libjava/HACKING
>  > >> file for more explanation).
>  >
>  > Thanks Mark.  We definitely need this fix in mainline gcj.
>

> I checked in a slightly simpler version marking the changes with GCJ
>  LOCAL. I hope to come up with a better/real solution in upstream
>  classpath (I really would like to just get rid of that whole
>  Configure.java.in file).
>
>  2008-08-17  Mark Wielaard  <mark@klomp.org>
>
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/CairoGraphics2D.java: Always loadLibrary
>         gtk-peer.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkFontPeer.java: Likewise.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkPixbufDecoder.java: Likewise.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkGraphicsEnvironment.java: Likewise.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkToolkit.java: Likewise.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkScreenGraphicsDevice.java: Likewise.
>         * gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/*.class: Rebuilt.
>
>  Cheers,
>

>  Mark

On the subject of Configuration.java.in, can anyone explain why
running scripts/makemake.tcl on the 0.98 merge branch resulted in the
following?

-gnu/classpath/Configuration.java \
+classpath/gnu/classpath/Configuration.java \

Is this a mistake?

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8