libjava testsuite nit

Ben Elliston bje@au1.ibm.com
Thu Aug 7 23:30:00 GMT 2008

Hi.

I noticed that the libjava testsuite emits the full pathname of various
files in the test output (ie. the argument to dejagnu's
pass/fail/untested/etc. procedures).  Here are some examples:

PASS: /home/bje/source/gcc-nas/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jar/TestClosureGC.jar execution - gij test
PASS: /home/bje/source/gcc-nas/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jar/TestClosureGC.jar output - gij test
PASS: /home/bje/source/gcc-nas/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jar/simple.jar execution - gij test
PASS: /home/bje/source/gcc-nas/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jar/simple.jar output - gij test

The problem with this is that it confuses the contrib/compare_tests
script, because when you are comparing two builds from two different
source trees, the paths are different.  compare_tests gives output to
the effect that some tests have vanished and others have appeared out of
nowhere.

Would it be satisfactory to use Tcl's "file tail" command to lop off the
paths, leaving just the base filenames in the test output?  I'm just
wondering why it was done this way in the first place?

Thanks,
Ben