can't resolve symbol '_Unwind_Backtrace'

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 17:03:00 GMT 2008

ffileppo wrote:
>>> Are you really using uClibc?
>>>
>>> Has libgcj ever been tested with other than glibc?
>>>
>>> I know uClibc does not work with libgcj on MIPS.
>> OMG, does this system not use glibc?  I didn't know that.
>> I would be very surprised to see this work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew.
>>

> Would you be so kind to give me some directions for building from scratch an arm toolchain based on gcc 4.3 / glibc ?
> My target would be armv5tel (PXA270, soft floating point).

First, build your target binutils and install them.

Put the /bin dir that includes all the target binutils in your PATH.

configure gcc like this:

  $ /home/aph/gcc/trunk/configure --prefix=/home/aph/x-arm/install --target=arm-linux --with-sysroot=/home/aph/x-arm/chroot-arm/ --with-headers=/home/aph/x-arm/chroot-arm/usr/include/ --prefix=/home/aph/x-arm/install2 --disable-libssp --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --enable-libgcj --disable-multilib --disable-static --disable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-languages=c,c++,java

Do not configure gcc in its srcdir.

make and make install

Andrew.