Creating and using GCJ ARM cross compiler

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 14:03:00 GMT 2008

Matthijs van de Water wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>>  The other possibility is that you didn't configure right.  My configure line is
>>
>>  /home/aph/gcc/ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch/configure \
>>  --target=arm-linux \
>>  --with-sysroot=/home/aph/x-arm/chroot-arm/ \
>>  --with-headers=/home/aph/x-arm/chroot-arm/usr/include/ \
>>  --prefix=/home/aph/ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch/install \
>>
>> --disable-libssp \
>>  --disable-libgomp \
>>  --disable-libmudflap \
>>  --enable-libgcj \
>>  --disable-multilib \
>>  --disable-static \
>>  --disable-sjlj-exceptions \
>>  --enable-languages=c,c++,java
>
> See my first post in this topic for my complete configure line.
> Notable differences are:
>
> I have:
> --disable-libunwind-exceptions (would that be a problem?)

No.

> I don't have:
> --enable-libgcj (but it is generated, so I guess not needed?)
> --disable-multilib (not sure what that does)
> --disable-static (I need static)

Sounds OK.  I'm wondering if the version of libgcc you're
using on the target is correct.  Are you sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
on the target system contains your new libraries, not the (default)
system ones?