literal 1000. of type double is out of range error on ppc32 soft-float

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Wed Oct 31 21:54:00 GMT 2007

Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> [2007-10-25 15:14]:
>>> I don't have time but we could help you track it down if you want to
>>> try debugging.
>>
>> Andrew Haley tracked it down to the lack of libffi support for powerpc
>> soft-float.  Michael Koch thought that Andreas Tobler (CC:ed) might have
>> an idea or even some patches.
>
> Do you have a real use case for this? I can try to add soft float
> support to libffi ppc (32-bit) But I need a motivating factor ;)

How about: It would be fun to implement this?

Not that it is the canonical libffi implementation, but the MIPS port
supports both hard and soft float ABIs.  Feel free use it as a model for
the PPC soft-float implementation.

David Daney