When should _Jv_read() be used?..

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Wed Mar 14 06:38:00 GMT 2007

In posix.h there are definitions for a bunch of functions with names
like _Jv_read(), _Jv_pipe(), that just wrap system calls of the same name.

In CNI code in libgcj there are many places where the system calls are
done directly.  If I am hacking up libgcj, is there any disadvantage to
skipping the _Jv_* call and directly invoking the system call?

Also it looks like many of the _Jv_* things are only defined if
DISABLE_JAVA_NET is not defined.  That leads me to think...I don't know
what.

David Daney