Change to posix.cc to set gnu.java.util.zoneinfo.dir

Albert Chin gcc-java@mlists.thewrittenword.com
Wed Mar 7 23:26:00 GMT 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 02:16:50PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Albert> +  if (! zoneinfodir)
> Albert> +    zoneinfodir = "/usr/share/zoneinfo";
>
> Albert> What if the directory isn't /usr/share/zoneinfo? On AIX and Solaris,
> Albert> it's /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo. Shouldn't the default be correct for the
> Albert> system GCJ is targeted for?
>
> Yeah, that would be preferable.  We could either have configure check
> (which is not super friendly when making a cross-compiler) or we could
> just have a list of places to look.  Care to submit a patch?

Sure. And what about how /etc/localtime is used? On Solaris, the
timezone is saved in /etc/default/init as a variable:
  TZ=<timezone>

AIX stores the timezone information in a similar way, in
/etc/environment as a variable:
  TZ=<timezone>

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)