XML problems

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 18:26:00 GMT 2007

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco Trudel <mtrudel@gmx.ch> writes:

Marco> Is it technically possible to automatically checkout the classpath
Marco> trunk when building GCJ? E.g. --checkout-GNU-classpath or something ;-)
Marco> I don't know if it's a big deal to import a new classpath version but
Marco> I think it would be very helpful. Would that make sense or lead to big
Marco> problems?

At one point we hoped it would be possible but since then we've had a
lot of build system divergence.  Look for "GCJ LOCAL" in the Classpath
Makefiles, configure, etc.

Finding some way to merge this stuff back upstream so we can go back
to allowing this would be nice.

There's still some documentation on how to do the build this way in
HACKING, but parts are probably obsolete.