dataflow branch on the ppc.

Kenneth Zadeck zadeck@naturalbridge.com
Fri Jun 8 19:44:00 GMT 2007

I have a series of gij regressions on the powerpc for the dataflow branch.

I am having trouble resolving these as they appear to be deep in the
library and it seems quite difficult to play around with these as we are
accustomed to do with most c, c++ or fortran regressions.

FAIL: noclass execution - gij test
FAIL: pr11951 execution - gij test
FAIL: throwit execution - gij test
FAIL: pr29812 execution - gij test
FAIL: ExtraClassLoader execution - source compiled test
FAIL: ExtraClassLoader -findirect-dispatch execution - source compiled test
FAIL: ExtraClassLoader -O3 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: ExtraClassLoader -O3 -findirect-dispatch execution - source
compiled test

My experience in dealing with regression on the dataflow branch in
general is that these are most likely some hard register being misused,
generally in a signal handler.
The dataflow branch is much more picky about the use of registers in
general.  The analysis tends to be a lot more precise than the current
trunk and the new optimizations are more aggressive because they "know "
the dataflow information they are using is correct.

The help that i need is from someone who knows that way all of this is
put together.  I need to find out what is being expected that is not
being delivered.

These problems only happen on the ppc.  the x86-64, x86-32, and ia-64
are clean.

Thanks,

Kenny