mingw compilation problems

Marco Trudel mtrudel@gmx.ch
Tue Jan 23 19:52:00 GMT 2007

Tom Tromey wrote:

>>> I don't think there is a --with-gcj option, is there?
>
> Marco> Yes, there is. Compiling a canadian cross for mingw without it gives:
> Marco> error: cannot find javac (even if it's in PATH), try --with-gcj,
> Marco> --with-jikes, --with-kjc, --with-ecj, ...
>
> Ah, I see.  That is from the Classpath configure.
> libjava/configure should be passing the correct arguments down.
> If that is not happening then the bug is in libjava; passing
> --with-gcj is more likely to confuse things that to fix the problem.
>
> How is classpath's configure run?

I don't know. A canadian cross for mingw32 currently builds perfectly
:-). I just thought to tell you that I really need "--with-gcj" since
you said that you don't know if the flag exists.

But when I'm already writing, have you had time to check my other
private mail already? About the filelock and java.util.array patch also
for gcj (and more)?

thanks
Marco