Merge checked in

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 20:35:00 GMT 2007

Hi everybody.

I've checked the big gcj-eclipse branch merge into svn trunk.
This brings in many changes -- we now use a version of the Eclipse
compiler to process .java files; we removed jv-scan and gcjh
(replacing the latter with gjavah); we now support all 1.5 language
and runtime features.

Please give it a try.

For best results you will want to download an 'ecj' jar.  We've set
things up so that if there is an ecj.jar in the top level source tree,
then the build will install this jar and a usable 'ecj1' executable
that uses it.

Since the download_ecj patch hasn't yet been approved, the best way to
get this is something like:

    cd [...]/trunk
    wget ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/ecj-latest.jar -O ecj.jar

Please report any problems and we will try to fix them ASAP.