[gcj trunk / gnu-classpath] String.format(...) undefined

Hanno Meyer-Thurow h.mth@web.de
Sat Feb 24 14:28:00 GMT 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:33:52 +0100
Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@web.de> wrote:

> > Anyway, if you can get me an easily reproducible test case I'll have a
> > look.  Let me know what to download, how to run it, etc.
>
> Ok, got a testcase attached.

JFYI, if I run the class files built by gcj with Sun's Java interpreter (1.6.0) it
does not throw an exception. If I run gij with gdb I see some strange things
happening in libjava/java/lang/natClass.cc,
getDeclaredAnnotations(jint member_type, jint member_index, jint kind_req).

In that 'for (;;)' loop it skips the second and third if-clause and jumps
in the fourth without checking first. Then, it also skips

      if (kind_req == JV_PARAMETER_ANNOTATIONS_KIND)
	result = ((parseParameterAnnotations
		   (this, &this->constants, bytes, next)));
      else
	result = ((parseAnnotations (this, &this->constants, bytes, next)));

I wonder where gij checks the kinds of annotation from the bytecode.

Hanno