getlocalvartable test falure

Kyle Galloway kgallowa@redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 19:19:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Haley wrote:
> FYI.  Failure attached.
>
> Andrew.
>

> Running /home/aph/gcc/trunk/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jni/jni.exp ...
> Running /home/aph/gcc/trunk/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jvmti/jvmti-interp.exp ...
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. /home/aph/gcc/trunk/obj-i686-pc-linux-gnu/i686-pc-linux-gnu/./libjava/gij -cp /home/aph/gcc/trunk/libjava/testsuite/libjava.jvmti/interp/getlocalvartable.jar getlocalvartable

[snip]

Interestingly, this failure does not occur on x86_64, only on 32-bit
machines.  The cause of this was that the Allocate calls for signature
and generic signature of the var table were using the wrong size
arguments.  I have fixed this.  I have also included  fix to get rid of
the compile warnings, since these are related to the same block of
code.  I also noticed that the test case itself was not calling
Deallocate on these same strings, and have included a fix for that as
well.  The additional changes I consider trivial, but I can easily apply
the separately if that is desired.

Thanks,
Kyle

ChangeLog
2007-02-22  Kyle Galloway  <kgallowa@redhat.com>

    * jvmti.cc (_Jv_JVMTI_GetLocalVariableTable): Fix sizes in Allocate
calls and use a string pointer to
    avoid build warnings.
    * testsuite/libjava.jvmti/interp/natgetlocalvartable.cc

    (Java_getlocalvartable_do_1getlocalvartable_1tests): Deallocate
allocated strings.