some warnings (from Gentoos build process)

Keith Seitz keiths@redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 20:01:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Haley wrote:

> If the API really requires that the same object be accessed with
> incompatible types then we perhaps should be compiling with
> -fno-strict-aliasing.

It's the old "fetch an environment problem" (the JNI function
GetEnvironment). This was (briefly) discussed here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-10/msg00058.html

Somehow I don't think using -fno-strict-aliasing is worth it to capture
this one case...

The other warnings use JVMTI's Allocate function which does something
similar. IMO, we should just fix the warnings.

Keith