[patch] generate man pages for classpath tools

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sat Feb 17 00:43:00 GMT 2007

Matthias> The GCC tools generate man pages for all commands, this
Matthias> patch does the same for the tools installed by classpath.

Matthias> The patch is for classpath HEAD.

Please check this in.  This is excellent.

I think we ought to rename the Classpath .texi and .info files to be
more Classpath-specific.  The /usr/share/info "namespace" is flat
after all.  So instead of "tools.info" I would suggest
"cp-tools.info".

Matthias> * doc/gappletviewer.1, doc/gjar.1, doc/gjarsigner.1, doc/gjavah.1,
Matthias> doc/gkeytool.1, doc/gnative2ascii.1, doc/gorbd.1, doc/grmid.1,
Matthias> doc/grmiregistry.1, doc/gserialver.1, doc/gtnameserv.1: Generate.

I saw these in the patch.  Classpath generally does not check in
generated files (with the occasionally troublesome exception of the
JNI headers).  So, don't put them in the Classpath tree.  For GCC, do
whatever the rest of GCC does.