Problem compiling apache libraries

Marco Trudel mtrudel@gmx.ch
Fri Feb 9 19:39:00 GMT 2007

Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
> Well, I prefer to use Mohan Embar's GCJ builds for windows instead of
> paying for GCC :)
> http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm

See, thats the idea behind free software :-) You always have the freedom
to pick another supplier or at least build the software yourself...

If you only want to compile your application to test it, you're well off
with Mohans build. But as soon as you want to deploy software to
end-users, you most likely become interested in features that my
software offers. Such as:
- A comfortable GUI and/or compilation automation tools
- Features to reduce the size of the final binary (excluding API parts,
only import referenced classes of jars, binary packing, ...).
- Support for AWT/Swing for Linux and Windows
- The possibility of cross-compiling to Linux and Windows (from Linux
and Windows)
... and a lot more. Since all this didn't develop itself, I ask for a
little amount of money in return. So I'd say Mohans builds and my more
allround-like-solution have a different target group.

Marco