IA64 Java build problem

Steve Ellcey sje@cup.hp.com
Thu Aug 9 17:26:00 GMT 2007

> Steve> classpath/tools/tools.zip:0: fatal error: not a valid Java .class file
>
> Offhand this doesn't look familiar.
>
> Steve> Has anyone seen this problem or know what could be causing it?
>
> Is classpath/tools/tools.zip a real zip file?  If so do its contents
> look sane?  A broken .zip is the first thing that comes to mind...
>
> Tom

I wonder if this is as simple as me not having unzip?  I have gunzip and
bunzip2, but I think I need plain unzip as well, don't I?  In the
libjava config.log I see:

configure:4329: checking for unzip
configure:4360: result: unzip

But I don't actually see an unzip anywhere on my Linux machine so I am
not sure how configure found one.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com