Trying to embed gnu.xml.dom.DomDocumentBuilderFactory

Mohsen Saboorian mohsens@gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:25:00 GMT 2007

I asked some question regarding statically building my software a
while ago on mailing list:
http://www.nabble.com/libgcj_bc.so-not-embedded-t3538410.html and
http://www.nabble.com/libgcj_bc.so-not-embedded-t3538410i20.html

The final answer was that if I manually do "new
DomDocumentBuilderFactory()", GCJ embeds this class within the static
executable file, so there would be no NoClassDefFoundError. Doing so
does nothing but increasing my app size, and I'm still getting
ClassDef error.

> As a side note, I am not sure why you want to statically link.  Usually
> it only makes sense for small embedded environments.
I want to run my app on an OLPC machine, which neither have jre nor libgcj.

Thanks,
Mohsen.