Invoking GIJ from SunJDK Swing app?

Mike Purdy purdymi@binghamtonschools.org
Mon Sep 18 18:03:00 GMT 2006

That's what I was afraid of.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.  If I compile my custom class to native via gcj, could I just call it from the SunJDK running app via JNI?  I mean, if it is native, then I shouldn't really need to invoke another vm (gij).  Is this true?

Mike

>>> Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> 09/18/06 1:45 PM >>>

Mike> Does anyone have experience with invoking gij via CNI or could
Mike> anyone comment on the prudence of my thinking as I map out this
Mike> possible process?

Having 2 JVMs in the same process is unlikely to work.
I think there are many potential issues... which one controls signal
handling, which one gets to define global symbols, etc.
Also I'd imagine the performance payoff is less than you would
imagine.