[win32] -Djava.library.path

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 17:49:00 GMT 2006

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco Trudel <mtrudel@gmx.ch> writes:

Marco> I use GCJ 4.2.0 (20060630) on linux and windows.
Marco> While passing -Djava.library.path=foobar to GCJ leads to the expected
Marco> behaviour on linux, it seems to be ignored on windows.

Marco> Is this a known bug/problem (I didn't find anything on google or the
Marco> GCC bugzilla) or shall I make a bug report?
Marco> Has anyone an idea for a workaround?

Offhand I would expect this to work ok.  You might verify that
USE_LTDL is set on Windows; see the two definitions of _Jv_SetDLLSearchPath
in natSystemProperties.cc.

Filing a bug report is a good idea.  Put '[win32]' in the synopsis.
Note though that Windows-specific things are worked on very rarely; in
fact we're having a problem getting an existing patch tested on
Windows, and this is turning into a blocker.