Help with Ant build file

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 18:49:00 GMT 2006

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Nedelcu <bonefry@gmail.com> writes:

Alex> The project has an Ant build file and I don't know how to set the
Alex> default compiler to GCJ.

Alex> I tried:
Alex> <property name="build.compiler" value="gcj" />
Alex> But it had no effect.

This is more an ant question than a gcj question.  FWIW I think
something like that should probably work; consult the ant
documentation.

You didn't say what platform you are on.  On Fedora (and other Linux
distros these days), the system is typically set up to "just work".
On Fedora this  means that ant will use the system java compiler --
we use the compiler that comes with eclipse as it is typically less
buggy than gcj.  We're planning to replace the existing gcj .java
front end with ecj for this reason...