Writing OS with GCJ

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Tue May 30 05:29:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 21:26 +0200, Henning von der Lieth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm going to write an operating system with the gcj-compiler. The goal is to
> compile the java kernel to native code.
>
> What libarys (startcode for java, gcc std lib) do i need to load the kernel
> image?

I recommend building an i386-elf configuration of the tools (assuming
this is an OS for a PC platform), and using the newlib C library.  You
should be able to statically link bootable executables with a little bit
of effort.  I've been able to create grub-bootable x86 programs this
way.

Anthony Green
+1 650 207-7122