Compiling java-files with imports from external jared packages

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Tue Mar 14 18:44:00 GMT 2006

Andreas Piening wrote:

> /tmp/ccauJxMh.o: In function `xml_rpc_test::XMLRPCServer::XMLRPCServer
> [in-charge]()':
> XMLRPCServer.java:(.text+0x2e): undefined reference to
> `org::apache::xmlrpc::WebServer::class$'
> XMLRPCServer.java:(.text+0x45): undefined reference to
> `org::apache::xmlrpc::WebServer::WebServer[in-charge](int)'
> /tmp/ccauJxMh.o:(.data+0x4): undefined reference to
> `org::apache::xmlrpc::WebServer::class$'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> ...which is confusing me. GCJ seems to have found the files, but I
> don't get where it stucks.
>
> Any hint is welcome!

You also need to compile the code in the jar file containing the missing
  class.  Basically anything in your CLASSPATH at compile time needs to
be compiled and linked into the application (either statically or
dynamically).

David Daney.