removing or using AWT/Swing

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 21:29:00 GMT 2006

Tom> We'd like a real Windows port but nobody is working on it.
Tom> Perhaps someone could try lifting this from Harmony.

Mohan> Is that possible from a GPL standpoint?

Opinions vary :-)

Mohan> I personally think SWT peers are the fastest path to a
Mohan> Win32 peer implementation.

I've heard on the grapevine that this isn't really possible, the rumor
being that SWT does not expose enough low-level bits for a full AWT
implementation.  But I don't really know -- do you?

Mohan> I had started a Win32 peer implementation ages ago but
Mohan> never got around to finishing it. I think I was able to bring
Mohan> up a frame. Sources are still there:
Mohan> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-06/msg00089.html

Ship it!  :-)