libgcj-classpath-20060719 merge

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Jul 20 19:55:00 GMT 2006

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 09:26 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> >> Can you also test gappletviewer and gcjwebplugin?
> >
> > I can try them out tonight. Anything special to do for
> > installing/configuring gcjwebplugin?
>
> Yes, you must add --enable-plugin to the GCC configure line.  Then to
> install it you must create a link from
> ~/.mozilla/plugins/libgcjwebplugin.so to
> $prefix/lib*/gcj-4.2.0/libgcjwebplugin.so.
>
>   Any special applets you think are
> > "must work"?
>
> No, just try a sampling of applets at
>
> http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/Applets

Tried some gappletviewer and it seems to work well.
Now rebuilding with --enable-plugin.

> > BTW. My notes say:
> > - Check gconf dependency stuff.
>
> The patch doesn't apply to GCC trunk because of the new gconf-peer
> directory.  Specifically, the
> classpath/native/jni/gconf-peer/Makefile.in fragment fails to apply,
> since the classpath/native/jni/gconf-peer directory doesn't exist on
> trunk yet.

How strange. I see that it contains a diff but not the whole file even
though it is clearly new. No idea why svn did that. But it should be
easy to regenerate with automake in the classpath dir.
I just wonder what happens if gconf is not installed in the user system.
Have you tried that?

Cheers,

Mark