Something pulling in crypto?

Bryce McKinlay mckinlay@redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 18:53:00 GMT 2006

Could you try putting a breakpoint on
java.security.Security.loadProviders(), and getting a backtrace from
there? That should tell you what is pulling in the security code.

libgcj's java.lang.VMCompiler does use MD5 to compute signatures for
bytecode, but this calls the MD5 provider directly rather than going
through getInstance()/loadProviders().

Bryce