ATTN Windows Users: RFC - GCJ/MinGW and Thread-Safe Exception Handling

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:10:00 GMT 2006

On 7/4/06, Danny Smith <dannysmith@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Would this not work?
>
> (1) Put this into a object file of its own and add it to link spec as a
> 'startup' object so it
> overrides the static libmingw.a library version.

Sorry for asking a basic question, but how do you specify
something as a "startup" object? I looked at the ld manual
but couldn't immediately locate this information.

> I don't know why I'm suggesting this. I have never liked the foolery in
> win32.cc and wopuld be glad to see it removed.

Exactly! I would have thought that you of all people would
be in favour of removing this kludge.

Thanks,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://rmathew.com/