Heap fragmentation (Was: Debugging "Leaks" With Boehm-GC)

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin@egholm-nielsen.dk
Mon Jan 16 01:08:00 GMT 2006

Green,

>>Now, what am I to do with that .i file after hacking it (assuming it's
>>just a matter of adding "GC_set_free_space_divisor(X);")?
> Just compile it as if it were a C source file and add it to the link
> line of your application, being sure to omit --main=???? this time.
Aha! The mysterious world behind GCJ is (very) slowly unwinding in front
of me :-)

Thanks!

And as you all know it was just a matter of adding
"GC_set_free_space_divisor" inside (as opposed to adding tons of
#include's and pass who knows what to the compiler :-) )

I'll try bisection'ing my way towards a good value now...

However, still wondering why GC_DUMP_REGULARLY doesn't give my any
output that possibly could help me there...

// Martin