about tools.jar and jpeg replacements

Albert Cardona cardona@ucla.edu
Tue Jan 10 09:30:00 GMT 2006

Tom,

Thanks for the input. I will see what can I do with java-gcj-compat
As for the jpeg, what ImageJ uses now is sun's library ( import
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.* ).

I got ImageJ to compile with very little make up, but it crashes on me. I'm
trying to generate a linked executable but I can't: the documentation at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/java/gdb.html is wrong, or I'm missing
something.

First, it's '-o=imagej.o' and not '-o imagej.o' (which results in "unknown
file").

But then I get the message: "linker input file unused because linking not
done".

My system is kubuntu 5.10 powerpc.

I don't get it. The trivial example provided in the webpage doesn't help as to
how to compile a multiple package application. I managed to do so like this,
which is crude:

$ /usr/bin/gcj-wrapper-4.0 -g -d build ij/*java ij/gui/*java ij/io/*java
ij/macro/*java ij/measure/*java ij/plugin/*java ij/plugin/filter/*java
ij/plugin/frame/*java ij/process/*java ij/text/*java ij/util/*java

and then to package it

$ usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/jar cvfm ij.jar MANIFEST.MF -C build/ ij

and run it

$ /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/java -jar ij.jar

and soon it crashes, when pushing 'ok' at the dialog to create a new image:

** ERROR **:
file ../../../src/libjava/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkImage.c: line
572 (createRawData): assertion failed: (data_fid != 0)
aborting...

I would like to run it through the GDB, therefore the need to generate an .o
file.

Could anyone help on that? Thanks for any hints.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona
Molecular Cell Developmental Biology