about tools.jar and jpeg replacements

Albert albert@pensament.net
Mon Jan 9 23:28:00 GMT 2006

I'm a new user of the gcj and I wonder what is the replacement for the
tools.jar that java programs can use to compile classes (such as ant, or
ImageJ), and the jpeg utilities.

My target is to compile the public domain ImageJ
( http://rsb/info.nih.gov/ij/ ) program with gcj. At the moment I'm getting 3
errors, and they have to do with the Compiler class and the JPEG encoder
classes:

ij/plugin/Compiler.java:16: error: Type ‘sun.tools.javac.Main’ not found in
declaration of field ‘javac’.
        private static sun.tools.javac.Main javac;
                          ^
ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:40: error: Type ‘JPEGImageEncoder’ not found in the
declaration of the local variable ‘encoder’.
               JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(f);
               ^
ij/plugin/JpegWriter.java:41: error: Type ‘JPEGEncodeParam’ not found in the
declaration of the local variable ‘param’.
               JPEGEncodeParam param = encoder.getDefaultJPEGEncodeParam(bi);

I can of course just obliterate any jpeg stuff from the program and disable
the compilation of plugins, but this is most undesirable. I anyone knows if
replacements exist for these two, please let me know.

Albert
--
Albert Cardona
Molecular Cell Developmental Biology