Announcement: micro-libgcj

Joel Dice dicej@mailsnare.net
Fri Jan 6 00:53:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Andi Vajda wrote:

> Interesting !
> How does one get stuff in and out of it without java.io ?

You can use CNI to access native I/O facilities such as those provided by
libc.  I haven't considered adding java.io or java.nio since my
requirements don't match up to those APIs very well.

> How easy was it to do ?
> I'd be very interested in something like java.lang + java.util + java.io

It wasn't very difficult.  The trickiest bit was figuring out how much of
the classloading code could be dumped or rearranged without breaking
things.  The biggest challenge with adding java.io would probably be the
serialization classes since they depend on java.lang.reflect.*.  If you
don't need serialization, it might not be too tough.

  - Joel