Question on GCJ/Boehm Memory Utilization, Part II

Craig Vanderborgh craigvanderborgh@mail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:00:00 GMT 2006

Hello Martin!

We are already running with GC_free_space_divisor set to 20 in our GCJ build, as you suggested this the last time we were whacked by one of these memory allocation problems.  But I am curious - can we expect unpleasant side-effects if we have this parameter set to the "extreme"?  What do you thing about this?  Is this parameter a subject for a tuning study, or are there some rules of thumb that can be used to guesstimate the best value?

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated