audio app classpath question

Michael Koch konqueror@gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 06:30:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:54:59PM -0500, Heitzso wrote:
> I have 4.1 snapshot (not latest/greatest, but less than 2 weeks old)
> compiling my gcj/swt/freetts app.  The app runs fine until I try to
> get a sound line via
>    AudioSystem.java -> Mixer.java
>
> I believe the function being called in Mixer.java is:
>    mix.getLine(info);
> from AudioSystem.java.  But getLine(info) in Mixer.java is:
>    Line getLine(Line.Info info) throws LineUnavailableException;
> and that's all!

Mixer is an interface and can have no direct implementation its methods.

> I assume the function is not implemented in the 4.1 snapshot I have
> though I am not familiar with the truncated way that function is written.
>
> Could someone please confirm with a simple "YES, NOT IMPLEMENTED"
>
> Also, I'd appreciate any comment re value (or problems) of trying to
> grab the
> classpath source straight from cvs/svn and slipping it into my gcc source
> tree and recompiling gcc 4.1.
>
> Another option would be to grab 4.2 snapshot, etc.

If you would tell us the real problem you have we could perhaps help
you. But note that the sound system is still not fully implemented. I
still needs much work to make it fully JDK compliant. I don't mean 4.1
only but in classpath.

Cheers,
Michael