how to reference a lib*.so instead of using -I blat.jar

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 13:52:00 GMT 2006

Heitzso writes:
 > Quick question ....
 >
 > I have a jar, A, that is dependent on another jar, B.
 > Let's say I use gcj to compile B.jar down to a libB.so file.
 >
 > Now, when I go to compile A down to libA.so, I'm currently
 > setting up the gcj command like:
 >     gcj  -I  B.jar  -c  -o  libA.so  A.jar
 >
 > What should I be doing instead to pick up the B.jar classes
 > from libB.so instead of from "-I B.jar"

-lB

Fomr "man ld" :

       -larchive
       --library=archive
           Add archive file archive to the list of files to  link.   This  option
           may  be  used  any  number of times.  ld will search its path-list for
           occurrences of "libarchive.a" for every archive specified.

           On systems which support shared libraries,  ld  may  also  search  for
           libraries  with  extensions other than ".a".  Specifically, on ELF and
           SunOS systems, ld will search a directory for a library with an exten-
           sion  of ".so" before searching for one with an extension of ".a".  By
           convention, a ".so" extension indicates a shared library.